I've got to apologize for the lack of blogging that I've not done. I have no real excuse, just life took a hold of me and I got behind. Before you dive into the blog, I need to set a few things up. For some crazy idea, I thought It would be challenging and fun to enter into a 10 mile running (yes I said running) race after talking to a friend of mine. Well, as it turned out she wasn't able to do it, but I still went full steam ahead!!!! Why, you ask...ummm I guess deep down I wanted to see if I could do it! Well, I prepared like I should have by building up to running 5-6 miles 3 times a week and 3 miles the forth day. I was doing great, felt good etc.. Then Easter Day happened! Yes, Easter Day....We had a great time with the kids , did the whole egg hunt and then decided to watch some basketball down in the basement. We made some snacks and I got a glass of water and started down the basement steps then........BAM!!! I fell on my a** going down the basement steps and messed my back up pretty bad. 2 WEEKS!!!!!! before the race in DC. OMG! So, I couldn't train for 1 week. I was able to run 2 days and took the rest of the week off because my shins were hurting me. Only running a couple of miles...ummm not good! So we plowed ahead with getting ready to leave for DC on Saturday, April 5th. We made it to DC, no problem. My neighbor Kim and her husband Ken offered us his Mother's apartment to to stay in while we were in DC. Sweet! What great friends they are and it really did work out so nice for us. The kids enjoyed riding the Metro all over and seeing the city. We had a beautiful day on Saturday and probably walked a good 6-7 miles that day. It is now Sunday, April 6th........Race day.............to be continued below.......................
No comments:
Post a Comment